The annual Canadian Open Hickory Championship is hosted by the Legends Golf and Country Club and features players dressed in period style outfits (plus fours, tams, etc.) and playing with hickory-shafted golf clubs. A fun and competitive tournament all rolled into one, a great time is had by all with many players returning year after year. Many players come early or stay on to play at some of the local/mountain golf courses or to see the sights and make an extended holiday out of their trip.
View a news clip detailing the Canadian Open Hickory Championship.
2012 Canadian Open Hickory Championship
August 13 – 17, 2012
Where else can you get 5 days of hickory golf, meals, and merriment at this close to 1935 prices! It’s the 2-day hickory road trip followed by the 3-day 13th annual Canadian Open Hickory Championship at the Legends Golf and Country Club.
The Canadian Open uses all 27 holes of this picturesque course over 3 days. The tentative schedule for 2012 follows.
August 13 and 14
- Many arrive a few days early or stay a few days afterwards to golf at a variety of courses. Early arrivers go on the annual hickory golf road trip on the Monday and Tuesday and participate in the Canadian Open Hickory Championship Wednesday to Friday. Sounds like a great week! All are welcome!
- Last year the road trip consisted of playing at the 27 hole Innisfail GC and the links style Whitetail Crossing GC. This year the venues have yet to be decided. Stay tuned!
- Practice rounds and 4-man scramble team event
- Barbecue and social
- Canada/US Challenge for the Casey Cup – Ryder Cup match play format
- 27 holes: 9 holes 2-man scramble – 9 holes better ball – 9 holes singles match play
- Evening meal and get-together
- 27-hole championship in conjunction with the 13th annual Legends inductee tournament
- Steak dinner BBQ after the round