Fly over the Legends’ Champions 9
We are excited to announce that we will reopen for the 2020 season on Monday, May 4th! The range at the Legends will also open on May 4th. We have enacted the following measures and we ask for your support in our commitment to operating safely in these difficult times:
- Golfers must maintain a distance of 2 metres apart at all times.
- We ask that golfers refrain from arriving more than 15 minutes before their tee times.
- We ask that tee times be paid in advance with a credit card to limit traffic.
- We can no longer accommodate walk-ons.
- Power carts will be single rider unless the two riders live together. Carts will be sanitized between rentals and keys will only be handled by our gloved staff.
- Common surfaces will be sanitized regularly.
- Flag poles can no longer be removed and holes have been altered to facilitate ball retrieval without touching the cup.
Please observe these regulations as well as the instructions of our staff so we can work together in respecting the safety of those around us. We look forward to seeing you on the course!
About the Golf Course
The Legends Golf and Country Club is one of Edmonton’s finest full-facility 27-hole golf courses. Just 25 minutes from downtown, it can be easily found a short 3 ½ miles north of Highway 16 near Sherwood Park.
Offering everything the serious golfer expects, this picturesque course features large, beautiful ponds, gently rolling hills, elevated tees, and combines spectacular views of the North Saskatchewan River valley with a tranquil setting to provide the golfer with an exciting and enjoyable golf experience. Water is in play on many holes.
Home to the Hickory Hacker golf league, a league in which all players compete with pre-1935 hickory-shafted golf clubs, the Legends is rapidly making a name for itself as an innovative, user-friendly golf course.
After your round, check out the Legends’ clubhouse with its panoramic views of the North Saskatchewan River. Its large deck overlooks the 9th green and the 10th tee. The clubhouse is also home to a terrific collection of antique golf clubs, plus displays dedicated to the early history of golf in Edmonton. On the lower level is a large private tournament room, ideal for company or group get-togethers.
Distinctive features of the course and facilities:
- Non-metal spike golf course
- Three sets of tee boxes on each hole, enabling your group to play at the length most suitable for each player’s ability
- Ponds and creeks are strategically located on 11 holes, enhancing the natural beauty of the golf course
- Computerized irrigation of greens, tees, and fairways
- Easy access from Edmonton, Sherwood Park, and Fort Saskatchewan
- Large 9000 square foot clubhouse, banquet room, and deck to accommodate groups of any size
- Tournament packages
- Licensed lounge and BBQ facilities
- Driving range
- 2 practice putting greens
- Equipment rentals – clubs, pull carts, power carts
- Complete line of clothing, equipment, and merchandise in our pro shop
- Visa, MasterCard, debit
The Legends driving range opens for play early in the spring and stays open until the snow flies.